The history of the American Short Hair Cat is interesting. Settlers that came in to North America from Europe had cats on board the ships with the intention of making sure that rats and mice were kept away from the food and other belongings that were on board. As time passed, these various species of cats interbred and developed unique characteristics given the new life and climate. In the early 20th century, a selective breeding program was established to get the best qualities out of these cats. It is believed that the American Short Hair Cat is a product of this.
"How should I bathe my Cat?" - This is a frequent question asked by cat owners.
The following steps will guide you whether you are bathing the American Short Hair Cat or any other breed. Some other popular cat breeds that come to mind are THE BURMESE CAT, EXOTIC SHORTHAIR CAT, SIAMESE CAT, PERSIAN CAT, RAGDOLL CAT, HIMALAYAN CAT, MAINE COON CAT.
Here are guidelines on how to bathe your cat. Feel free to adjust based on your experience as you bath your cat.
I. Do not force but entice your cat to take the bathe by rewarding it with food items.
II. Soak your cat from the neck down.
III. Keep the shampoo out of your cats eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.
IV. Rinse the shampoo from your cat.
V. Wash your Cat's face with water and a washcloth.
VI. Use a mildly warm blow dry to remove every wet parts
VII. Comb the cat gently
VIII. Watch out your cat for any signs of panic and distress. If any, get in touch with your vet.
Congratulation – You have done it!
1. It is a pedigreed breed cat that is distinct from the random-bred non-pedigreed cats.
2. it is not a very athletic cat but it has a large powerfully-built body.
3. It is generally a low-maintenance cat and in most cases it is generally healthy
4. It is believed to be affectionate with owners and strangers alike
5. It can be found in more than eighty different colors and patterns
6. It is an intelligent cat that is interested in the surroundings
7. The males usually averaging 11-15 pounds. Females weigh 6 - 12 pounds.
8. It continues to grow until 3 - 4 years and with good care it can live up to 15 years or longer.
The shampoo we recommend for your American Short Hair Cat is The Silky Touch Pet Shampoo. We believe that its natural ingredients will be best and especially given that no chemicals are used in this shampoo.
Do you want to get future discount coupons?